Monday, November 12, 2007

Final Reports on Exams and Studies

Exam, exam, exam. It's over. No more. We all know. (Of course!) Today we got our report books back. I must say this once and for all, I am very happy with my results! (P4, Year 2007 only.) But I can't be too happy, nobody knows what's going to happen next year.
When I looked at my 2007 overall results report slip in the report book, I was kind of astonished because I didn't get band 1 for Science in my SA2! So I asked my teacher about this and she told me that the results were calculated according to the overall marks for the whole year. Hurray! No records of band twos! And I realised that the marks used to be upon 400, but this year it's only upon 300. My teacher explained to us that the marks are based on English, Mathematics and Mother Tongue only. Total I got 280 (that was what Rita and Jun Hui got,) which earned me my position in the third place. Ling Yun got 286! That's so high! For Sabrina I do not know, but I am sure she would get better marks than me.
After reading my results, I realised for this year, (or maybe even next year and next next and so on,) there would be this class position thing that shows you which positon you are at in class. I was third in position. It was not suprising but I felt delighted.
Okay, that's all for exams. Anyway, we also received a form about subjects. In the past few years, they used to have EM1, EM2 and EM3. I don't know much about 'em, but I've heard about these before. Now it has a different style. It's about taking 5 subjects: English, Maths, Mother Tongue, Science and Higher Mother Tongue. And 4 subjects: English, Maths, Mother Tongue and Science. And Foundation stream and the last one. I only understand the first 2. Well I'm going to take 5 subjects because I like Chinese. For the first option, among the "mainly-based on" subjects, which are English, Maths and Mother Tongue (I don't know what is the proper name for them,) a pupil must get at least band 1 for 2 subjects. If he didn't meet the standard, he must take option 2 (if he's still good) and so on til the fourth. Well, the school would recommend and the parents will decide. That's mainly how it goes. And once he takes Higher Mother Tongue, he must study it til the end of P5.
That's all about it, but I am talking about the exams again, if you didn't do well, try harder and do your best and in the next exam, you would get good results!

No comments: