Saturday, March 27, 2010

EARTH HOUR! YIPEEE!

Yep, we had our earth hour today. I had fun. Kinda. My family and I switched off everything [lights, fans etc.] at home but left the computers on. =P

So my father and I was sitting near the window, enjoying the cool breeze. There, air-con and fans weren't needed! Mom was chatting with me randomly then about Finland before dad came home from work. After that, dad chatted to me as well. Mom then told me about this chinese passage, "背影". She went to some website and read the passage to me. It was so touching. As she read, she explained the difficult parts, and I enjoyed the "story-telling" session.

I think the government should have a black-out or something. I mean, I didn't even know there was this Earth Hour today until Jun Hui and a few others [Afiqah, Christine, Annabel, Yew Weng, Ren Kai etc.] brought this up on facebook. We really need to put in efforts in saving the Earth. When I looked out of the window, more than half of the blocks opposite mine was still lighted. And now, reading from science notes and brochures and textbooks, they are now blaming global warming on cows farts! I mean like, what the hell? If the trees were still all there, if Singapore were still a REAL green island, if the people really put an effort, if they really listened, the Earth would not be facing this crisis. And who's there to blame? The cows? No! It's the people! Nobody is doing anything because none of the leaders are really doing anything! They just speak, give speeches, talk about it, make people alert, but do they really give a damn? If they do, many methods on saving the Earth would already be here, and would have taken place! So yes. If you know it, you should do it, and not just say "I'm not gonna do it" and what's more, you shouldn't be proud about that if you really do not want to do it.

Oh yea.. On thursday after school when I reached Admiralty, I went to activate my secondary Ezlink card. I told the staff to help me transfer. She told me that $5 is needed, so I paid the price, and she gave me back both the primary and secondary cards, and told me that there was still $1+ in the primary card. And I was really confused. Hui En said her primary card was taken. So weird. Then on friday when I was going home from Braddel my primary card didn't work? I thought it expired but Nicole said hers hasn't. It still has about $0.90 inside the card! >:( Give me back my money!!!! With it I could buy a cup of milo/ cheese toast/ cheese floss/ chicken cheese toast/ chicken floss/ chocolate waffle (small)/ a plate of macoroni/ a plate of spaghetti/ potato wedges etc! Argh.

~~~~~~Edit (on 28/3/2010)~~~~~~~~
Before I forget...

"everyone,remember to turn off all ur lights at 8.30 pm for one hour.Meanwhile,u may all meditate in the pitch black and no facebooking!" - Jun Hui

"everyone,remember to turn off all ur lights at 8.30 pm for one hour.Meanwhile,u may all meditate in the pitch black and no facebooking! - Jun Hui (the math and science genius)" - Afiqah

"Everyone, remember to turn off all your lights at 8.30 pm for one hour! Meanwhile, you may all meditate in the pitch black and no facebooking! - Jun Hui (the math and science genius) and Afiqah (the awesome pie)" - ME!

No comments: