Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sec 1 Orientation Camp

Whoa.. the camp was a blast.
Seriously, no kidding.
I feel like I've gotten to know more about my classmates :)
Yay!
And the PSLs rock to the core.
Names are Melissa, Joey, Janielle, Madeleine and Shi Yu.
Ultra enthusiastic people.

On friday we went to school.
With our big backpack full with things.
Want me to list down?
Sleeping bag, 2 sets of PE attire, undergarments, 2 old shorts, 3 old shirts, 1 pair of long pants, soap, big bath towel, tooth brush, toothpaste, torchlight, slippers, writing materials including permanent marker, sleeping bag, labelled plastic bag to keep dirty clothes, 2 pairs of socks, water bottle, money, rag for cleaning the tables which cleaning leaders have to bring, mosquito repellent (mom asked me to bring), other toiletries, tissue paper and I guess that's all.
A lot right?
In the end I didn't really need all the things listed.
I didn't need 2 old shirts, 2 old shorts, torchlight, mosquito repellent.
Haha.. End of report.

Oh yeah.. We were brought to the field and completed our class cheer~
Then we assembled at the hall and the game masters told us that we will be playing games.
This year's theme was Ohana, which means family.
After each game we will be given clues for the next game.
We played games at  the different stations..
It was quite fun.
But we didn't manage to play all the games because there wasn't enough time and when we were assembling at the basketball court it started to rain heavily.

After a while the rain stopped.
We were led to a waiting room and people went to
It was like, everybody was allowed 8 minutes only.
Usually I bathe for at least 30 minutes..-.-
So I just anyhow bathe and I didn't wash my hair.
Because I MUST put conditioner or else my hair will tangle.
And it will take very long.
Anyway we were told we would be given a pail of water, and I thought there wouldn't be enough.
Who would have known the pail was so huge?
I've only used 1 quarter of the water.
And when I was wearing the PE attire the PSL (Shi Yu) started knocking on my door haha.
So I rushed out. >.<

At the waiting room we were chatting away.
Madeleine and Janielle were singing the campfire songs.
After everyone was done we went to our classroom to put our things and took our bottles of water and camp booklets to the canteen and started eating our dinner.
I finished everything :)
Then the cleaning leaders wiped the tables......

After eating we went for the campfire.
The principals lit the campfire using a stick.
After that they tried to extinguish the fire on the stick using the water in a pail but it continued to burn.
The people in charge used water in our water bottles.
Apparently the pail became dented, or rather, one side of the pail melted I think.

Yeah..
We sang our class cheers, danced and played games.
For one of the games, we had to step on ponchos, starting with 2 ponchos.
After that the PSL took away one.
The game was supposed to continue by halving the ponchos.
Meaning 2 become 1, then become half, then become quarter.
Something like that.
Yeah, we had to take off our shoes.
So I accidentally ended up standing on the wet and muddy grass. T_T
My socks turned brown.
My shoe soles and laces too.

And, my class won the most afforming(?) class award! :D

Hahaha...
After the campfire, we had our supper.
We ate 汤圆.
Hey! We made them ourselves you know.
Many different shapes.
But I think the 汤圆 tasted quite plain.
I prefer those with fillings :)
Despite that, I still ate two bowls.
And I tried to eat a small teeny weeny piece of powdery 汤圆.
And it tasted horribly powdery with a little smell of 汤圆.
The soup which came together with the 汤圆 tasted very sweet haha..
Then I saw my mom and sister. :) :) :)
I talked to them a bit, then they went home.

After all these, we changed into slippers and Ho Shuen, Bonnita, Jamie, Tiffany and I changed into pajamas at the upper sec block instead of at the toilet near our class.
Hehe.. changed into mom's Coca Cola T-shirt and long pants.
Then we brushed our teeth.
When we hurried back to our class, the straps(?) of my right slipper broke and I was like running with 1 bare foot xD
Then we took our sleeping bag and waited at the canteen to go to the hall to sleep.
One or two classes got to sleep in the MPR.
Envious~~
Finally we went to the hall.
I slept with Bonnita on my left and Lisa on my right.
Could not sleep well.
Lisa rolled to my side and I rolled to Bonnita's side.
In the middle of the night Lisa accidentally hit me haha.
Then when it was morning I had moved downwards.
Apparently I kicked Lisa when I was asleep I think.
Lol lol lol lol lol.

Yes, and I must emphasize, 1 Diligence rocks rocks rocks!!!!
Know why?
Because for one of the stations games it was a memory game.
There were 49 numbers.
We were given 1 minute to see our numbers and we must open them up in the ascending order.
Register 1 to 10 must remember 2 numbers.
For example register 1 must remember 1 and 49 I think.
Then register 2 must remember 2 and 48.
I didn't remember my second number :(
But they just groaned and the class thought of a way to solve the problem.
Like, they just skipped my number and see who remembered their cards.
Then the one remaining card will be my number.
42.
Then when we found out the number, we continued on :) :)
The game masters said that at that time we were the only class who completed the game.
So happy.
Unlike my previous classes, I would very obviously 99.9999999999% get scolded.
Hehe..

No comments: