Monday, December 21, 2009

HTML edit

Today and yesterday, I tried to edit the HTML codes.
It was a horrible experience. :x
Yeah, yeah.
I am a computer idiot.
At first, the reason I edited the code was because I changed the music player and the songs.
But the music player was, in fact, too wide.
So I adjusted the size of the translucent yellowish background and also changed the length of the dotted lines.
It took me very very very very long to figure out what is what.
And I messed up my blog many times!
It's like, the whole page went partially black and partially green.
Then after that, I changed how my titles look.
That was not really a problem as compared to those sizes and things.
Following that, I changed how my links look.
After completing the whole thing, I realised that..my links are positioned in the center instead of on the left, just like what I wrote under my profile.
And I spent my whole afternoon trying to fix them, and I messed up my blog again.
Luckily, I did save a file containing the codes which I've already edited before trying to fix the links.

So in the end, I gave up and left the links alone. :)
My eyes wanna explode after staring so hard at the codes.
I'm definitely a computer idiot.

1 comment:

Sam said...

The best way I have found to learn about HTML editing including CSS has been, set of video tutorials that I picked up from a site at http://kompozer-nvu.info/ These these videos demonstrate how you can get a free software called kompozer download it set it up and how to use it.
These videos have made it so easy for me to create amazing websites easily.

I personally edit all my HTML on my desktop using Kompozer a free HTML editor
I simply create might entry or page in page view or wysiwyg mode then switch to code view and copy and paste the code to whenever I wanted to go.
This way I can use the same piece of software for all my html editing
I learned how to Use kompozer , Set of video tutorials I got from http://kompozer-nvu.info/
In the tutorials there are at least three dedicated to CSS and from that I learned enough to edit the themes on my wordpress sites
I normally don't like buying stuff on the Internet but these tutorials have paid themselves 1000 times over
Here is a site where you can get some great videos on kompozer a free html editor you can get the first 4 video free and the will show you how to get kompozer and set it up
but the sections on css are only available in the paid part of the video course.
You will need to understand css and html basics if you are going to create or edit a blog template
You can find the site @ http://kompozer-nvu.info